Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Wool Applique It's Addictive

 
I love the feel of pulling thread and needle through fabrics.  I have always LOVED handwork even as a small girl.  Now don't get me wrong I was the biggest Tomboy probably around town.  But when it came to handcrafts I was in love with making something, anything, including mudpies!
 
For a few years now I have loved applique and my favorite is wool applique.

 
I put it on all kinds of things, bags, boxes, pillows, mats, wood, whatever.....

 
You can make pincushions, patch a sweater with a little flower, bags, penny rugs, add it on a hooked rug....you get the idea the possibilities are endless.

 
 
Miss Molly keeps a watchful eye late in the evenings as I keep on stitching. 

 
Have you tried wool applique?  
 
Happy Trails......Ginger

6 comments:

denise said...

i enjoy it!

acorn hollow said...

I am trying it now i have never been that good at it
cathy

Saundra said...

Beautiful colors and projects. Good golly but Miss Molly is pretty.

Farm Girl said...

Hi Ginger, I love wool applique too. I was a tomboy and have always loved handwork as well.
Your applique is just beautiful. I am so glad you shared. You have a pretty girl there watching. My dog gets that same look.

WoolenSails said...

I do love working with wool and those are beautiful pieces.

Debbie

Three Sheep Studio said...

LOVING that sweet little heart box!
Just beautiful. Love wool appliqué, too.
Rose